TOKYO JOSHI PRO “AMEBA PRESENTS 8TH TOKYO PRINCESS CUP”, 25/07/2021
Shin-Kiba 1st RING
142 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Hikari Noa, Nodoka Tenma & Kaya Toribami defeated Yuki Kamifuku, Mirai Maiumi & Haruna Neko when Tenma pinned Neko with the Killswitch (11:07).
2. Mizuki, Yuki Aino, Nao Kakuta & Arisu Endo defeated Miyu Yamashita, Miu Watanabe, Pom Harajuku & Moka Miyamoto when Aino pinned Miyamoto with the Venus DDT (15:06).
3. Tokyo Princess Cup – Round 2: Suzume defeated Mahiro Kiryu with the Ring A Bell (7:53).
4. Tokyo Princess Cup – Round 2: Maki Itoh defeated Raku with the Itoh Punish (9:03).
5. Tokyo Princess Cup – Round 2: Shoko Nakajima defeated Marika Kobashi with the Northern Lights Suplex (5:41).
6. Tokyo Princess Cup – Round 2: Rika Tatsumi defeated Hyper Misao with a Rotating Leg Hold (15:03).
The four days of shows in a row are done and Round 2 is completed. The Tokyo Princess Cup is now down to the final eight. The very last match was an emotional one because it was Rika Tatsumi Vs Hyper Misao. This was their first singles match together since Misao’s phantom retirement match last November. This was so important that Misao dropped all her antics and wrestled a serious match. It was so serious that Misao’s mask got knocked off her face in the final moments but she continued to fight. Tatsumi countered a Gedo Clutch into a Rotating Log Hold to get the win and move on to the Quarter Finals. The two of them bumped fists after the match. Backstage Misao said the match is connected to the story that has been going on since November. She thought she would win today and make it the final episode.
Meeting Tatsumi in the quarters is Shoko Nakajima. Her first match in the tournament was a win against Marika Kobashi. From the get go, Kobashi went for the Front Neck Lock and she would use the move several times. But Nakajima was able to break out of the move and pin Kobashi with the Northern Light Suplex. Kobashi said the God Of Gals sent her encouragement with a day full of beautiful sunlight. She blamed the loss on not getting enough of a tan from that sunlight. It was a message from the God of Gals that she doesn’t have enough vibes as a wrestler or a Gal. Nakajima now moves on to face Tatsumi in the final eight.
Maki Itoh’s determination to meet Mizuki in the later rounds pushed her through to beat Raku. She wore earplugs during the match so she wouldn’t her Raku’s lullabyes. Raku still briefly sent her to sleep with a Sleeper Hold. That was when she noticed the ear plugs. Itoh used a High Angle DDT to counter the Doctor Yellow and narrowly avoided being pinned with the Hurricane Turn. When Itoh put Raku in a Crab Hold she dragged her to the middle of the ring and turned it into the Itoh Punish for the victory. She expected the match to go 60-40 her way but she thinks it ended up more 80-20. So that’s a good sign she is getting stronger.
Last but not least, Suzume breaks through to the Quarter Finals for the first time, pinning Mahiro Kiryu with the Ring A Bell. It is a results Suzume has been waiting for ever since Kiryu beat her in a singles match shortly after she debuted. She admitted she wasn’t even thinking about the tournament while they fought. Next up for her is Itoh.