DDT “KING OF DDT 2018 3RD ROUND”, 25/08/2018
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1. Sanshiro Takagi, Kouki Iwasaki, Daiki Shimomura & Rekka defeated Toru Owashi, Yuki Ueno, Akito & Yuki Iino when Iwasaki pinned Iino with the Vertical Drop Brainbuster (6:55).
2. DAMNATION Vs RENEGADES!: Mizuki Watase, Jason Kincaid & Ryan Davidson defeated Soma Takao, Mad Paulie & Nobuhiro Shimatani when Davidson pinned Shimatani with the Davidson Driver (9:58).
3. Danshoku Dieno, Makoto Oishi & Super Sasadango Machine defeated KUDO, Masahiro Takanashi & Gorgeous Matsuno when Dieno submitted Matsuno with the Meiko Killer III (7:43).
4. Special Tag Match: Shigehiro Irie & Taiyo Kea defeated Kazusada Higuchi & Antonio Honda when Irie pinned Honda with the Beast Bomber (12:47).
5. King Of DDT 2018 – Quarter Final: MAO defeated Mike Bailey with the Cannonball 450 (11:33).
6. King Of DDT 2018 – Quarter Final: Tetsuya Endo defeated Kazuki Hirata with the Swivel Torture Rack Bomb (12:22).
7. King Of DDT 2018 – Quarter Final: HARASHIMA defeated Yukio Sakaguchi with the Somato (14:59).
8. King Of DDT 2018 – Quarter Final: Daisuke Sasaki defeated Keisuke Ishii with the Crossover Facelock (22:49).
We’re down to four in the King Of DDT. Tomorrow sees MAO, Tetsuya Endo, HARASHIMA and Daisuke Sasaki battle it out in the final rounds. But today they all went through some tough matches. In the main event Sasaki dug deep into his moveset to beat Keisuke Ishii. At one point he Superplexed Ishii out of the ring onto DAMNATION outside the ring. Sasaki kicked out of the Tiger Suplex, Final Cut and High Angle Double Arm DDT. In return, Sasaki avoided the Kneel Kick to hit the NOW OR NEVER. He then performed the Italian DDT from his Sasaki & Gabbana days before making Ishii submit to the Crossover Facelock.
HARASHIMA avoided the God’s Right Knee more often than not in his match against Yukio Sakaguchi. The vital moment came when he cut off Sakaguchi’s finisher with a short range Somato. HARASHIMA then hit the full length version to get the win.
The miracle run for Kazuki Hirata has ended at the Quarter Final stage. Endo made fun of him for being the underdog but Hirata really brought the fight to him. Hirata countered the Swivel Torture Rack Bomb by tightening his grip around Endo’s head so he could apply a Headlock. Endo tried to fight out of it with back drops but Hirata refused to let go until he could position himself for an Asai DDT out of nowhere. Hirata hit the Sliding Kick twice but still couldn’t get the pin so he went for the Viagra Driver. Endo blocked it and changed the course of the match by hitting the Handspring Kneel Kick and Tetsuya In The Sky for a nearfall. Endo finally put Hirata away with the Torture Rack Bomb.
In the match between KO-D Tag Team Champions, both Mike Bailey and MAO went high risk from the start. A lot of dives out of the ring didn’t slow either of them down until MAO won with the Cannonball 450. The two hugged afterwards.
It’s been a while since Taiyo Kea last wrestled in Japan. He remembers Shigehiro Irie but said he has turned into a different person from the last time they met. He thinks Irie is now a fairly strong wrestler with amazing power. Together they defeated Kazusada Higuchi & Antonio Honda but it wasn’t a dominant victory. Honda successfully pulled off his Gongitsune trick on Kea. He recovered and gave Honda the TKO before Irie finished him off with the Beast Bomber.
A still injured Danshoku Dieno had to change his battle plan today knowing that his right shoulder would definitely be targeted. Gorgeous Matsuno tried to make Dieno tap with a Cross Armbreaker but Dieno countered the move into an Indian Deathlock and Headscissors combo to make Matsuno give up. Dieno has now discovered a new effective wrestling hold that will surely come in handy soon, so he named it the Meiko Killer III.
Nobuhiro Shimatani was eager to throw his weight around now that he is mostly accepted into DAMNATION. Mad Paulie also got to throw him around too onto their opponents. That all stopped when Ryan Davidson struck Shimatani with a Lariat and pinned him with the Davidson Driver.
Sanshiro Takagi got to say goodbye to three wrestlers all leaving on their own separate journeys. With Kouki Iwasaki moving to Ganbare☆Wrestling, Daiki Shimomura moving to BASARA and Rekka going overseas (not back home to Taiwan as previously reported), Takagi felt like today was farewell. He hopes that all of them will grow and treat this as the first chapter of their new story. There is only one advice he can give to them and that’s for them to really do their best.
The list of current entries in this year’s Dramatic General Election was revealed during the show. Most of the regular roster is involved. Yumehito Imanari and Maki Ito also volunteered to compete. Sanshiro Takagi, Shigehiro Irie, Tomomitsu Matsunaga and Mike Bailey all declined to enter the contest. Danshoku Dieno is undecided and has until tomorrow to make up his mind. DAMNATION, ALL OUT, Shuten-dōji and DISASTER BOX are the current units involved with the deadline also being for tomorrow.