April 19, 2017
BASARA “VAJRA 33 ~RICH IN SPRING AND FALL~”, 19/04/2017
Shin-Kiba 1st RING
1. Episode 3 – “Best Stretchman V3 Angry Special Training”: Best Stretchman V3 & Tsutomu Oosugi defeated Tatsuhiko Yoshino & Fuminori Abe when Stretchman pinned Abe with the Best Stretch Bomb (8:42).
2. Great Reversal Pro Wrestling Preliminary Preparation For Trial: Gouma Ryu defeated Atsushi Maruyama with an Inverted Reverse Splash (5:44).
3. IRON PRIEST Vs B FAULTLESS JUNKY’s: FUMA, Yusuke Kubo & Hagane defeated Takumi Tsukamoto, Jaki Numazawa & Masashi Takeda when Kubo pinned Tsukamoto with the Death Metal Roll (15:04).
4. Hardcore Tag Match: Gunso & Naoki Tanizaki defeated Isami Kodaka & SAGAT when Gunso pinned SAGAT with the Diving Guillotine Drop from the Ladder (18:31).
5. Double ★ Trans-Am Vs Cavalry!: Trans-Am ★ Ryuichi & Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi defeated Ryuichi Sekine & Ryota Nakatsu when Ryuichi pinned Sekine with the Perfect Five (15:40).
As the ride to Korakuen Hall nears its end, BASARA had one more show to get past before the big event. The Trans-Am ★ Family were victorious over Cavalry with one Ryuichi pinning another. Ryota Nakatsu called Trans-Am ★ Ryuichi a strong wrestler but then claimed he knew his real identity. Nakatsu accused him of being Ryuichi Kawakami from Big Japan! Ryuichi denied the accusation but Nakatsu told him he didn’t care either way. When Nakatsu said he wants nothing more than the Union MAX Title, Ryuichi cut him off and said he loves the belt more.
Dove Pro Wrestling scored a big win over BASARA in a Hardcore Tag Match. Gunso’s impressive win streak in BASARA continues to grow while Naoki Tanizaki was happy to finally get his hands on Isami Kodaka. Tanizaki and Kodaka will fight again on 4th May.
Both Gouma Ryu and Atsushi Maruyama weren’t in the mood to compete in their warm up match for Korakuen Hall later this month. Neither of them had anything prepared for the bout. Kodaka, Best Stretchman V3 and Tatsuhiko Yoshino all had to motivate them into wrestling each other. The match only ended with a winner when the referee accidentally knocked over Maruyama and pushed Ryu on top of him. Gouma and Maruyama explained afterwards that they just cannot be motivated to wrestle if a criminal trial is not attached to it.
The Heaven Summit ~Itadaki~ tournament returns later this year. Kodaka is putting 500,000 yen of his own pocket money into the prize pot. The tournament begins on 4th May and lasts until 5th July.
April 6, 2017
BASARA “VAJRA 32 ~SPRING BAMBOO AFTER RAIN~”, 06/04/2017
Yokohama Nigiwai-za Noge Share
101 Fans – No Vacancy
1. IRON PRIEST Vs Double ★ Trans-Am: FUMA & Yusuke Kubo defeated Trans-Am ★ Shinya & Trans-Am ★ Abe when FUMA pinned Abe with the Heavy Metal Anthem (8:59).
2. Reversal Pro Wrestling Trial: PSYCHO defeated Gouma Ryu and Konaka = Pale One when PSYCHO pinned both Ryu and Konaka with the High Fly Bomb (8:49).
3. Hardcore Match: Gunso defeated Takumi Tsukamoto with the Jorge Clutch (13:31).
4. Episode 2 – Death Penalty Of Best Stretchman V3: Isami Kodaka defeated Best Stretchman V3 with the European Clutch (8:42).
5. Cavalry Vs Hiroshi du Soleil: Ryuichi Sekine & Ryota Nakatsu defeated Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi & SAGAT when Nakatsu submitted SAGAT with the Cross Armbreaker (12:42).
Ryota Nakatsu sent a message to Trans-Am ★ Ryuichi after the main event. Nakatsu said he is gaining confidence and in good shape but he didn’t get what he wanted today because Ryuichi wasn’t here. He wondered if Trans-Am ★ Ryuichi is related to Ryuichi Kawakami because he saw Kawakami carrying the Union MAX Title at a Big Japan show earlier in the week. No matter, Nakatsu will take the title from whichever Ryuichi at Korakuen Hall instead.
Nobody got a bigger hero’s welcome on this show than Best Stretchman V3. His entrance had loads of streamers and plenty of people cheering for him. His opponent Isami Kodaka couldn’t help but say how funny the situation was. The two traded stretching submission holds until Kodaka caught Stretchman with the European Clutch for the win. It was at that point when Stretchman discovered that you will lose a wrestling match by having your shoulders pinned down for three seconds. He thanked “Hardcore Samurai” for a great learning experience and now he understands the rules of pro wrestling.
Gunso’s dominance in BASARA Hardcore Matches continued with a big victory over Takumi Tsukamoto. Gunso ambushed him before the match then fought back and forth with chairs and a ladder. Tsukamoto tried to hit the Tiger Suplex but Gunso countered it into a School Boy for a nearfall. When Tsukamoto kicked out Gunso turned the move into a Jorge Clutch and this time got the three count.
PSYCHO was put on trial accused of using multiple identities to exploit promotions out of their fight money. PSYCHO would allegedly disguise himself as mute wrestlers even though he can plainly speak. His opening comments simply involved him mumbling about baseball. Gouma Ryu’s defence was PSYCHO cannot wrestle because he is an ordinary man and ordinary men do not wrestle. Konaka = Pale One objected and called Ryu an ordinary man who wrestles. Ryuichi Sekine and Isami Kodaka were brought in as witnesses. Kodaka accused PSYCHO of attempting to murder him with a Choke Slam one time in K-DOJO. When Ryu heard this he refused to defend PSYCHO any further. This led to PSYCHO attacking both Ryu and Konaka and he pinned both of them with the High Fly Bomb. The judge declared PSYCHO was Not Guilty.
The newest member of the Trans-Am unit did not make a good first impression. Trans-Am ★ Abe came out wearing sunglasses and a leather jacket, acting like he was The Rock. The leather jacket turned out to be his downfall because it would not come off properly when he gestured for the People’s Elbow. He bungled the move and missed, allowing IRON PRIEST to put him away. Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi yelled “You’re Fired!” at Abe after the match. Abe begged for one more chance. Hiroshi offered to give him one but only if Abe kisses his ass. Abe abandoned his pride and kissed Hiroshi’s ass but was then given the Stunner. Hiroshi then announced that Trans-Am ★ Tanaka will debut as the group’s newest member on 29th April.
There is a new rookie in BASARA who is ready to make his debut. Takato Nakano introduced himself at the beginning of the show. Nakano is 22 years old and describes himself as not the dexterous type. He was surprised when Isami Kodaka entered the ring and announced he will be Nakano’s opponent for his debut match on 29th April.
March 23, 2017
TAVERN WRESTLING “ALCOHOL MANIA 2017”, 23/03/2017
Shin-Kiba 1st RING
300 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Best Stretchman V3 Debut Match: Best Stretchman V3 & Tsutomu Oosugi defeated Kazuhiro Tamura & Hiroshi Kondo when Stretchman pinned Kondo with the Best Stretch Bomber (6:02).
2. Tokyo Joshi Pro Offer Match: Yuu & Miyu Yamashita defeated Akane Miura & Maho Kurone when Yamashita pinned Kurone with the Attitude Adjustment (10:04).
3. Obi-chan Close Call ~Final Chapter~ 5 Way Match: Joey Ryan defeated Sayaka Obihiro, Cherry, Yusuke Kubo and Tatsuhiko Yoshino when Ryan pinned Cherry with the Super Kick (9:10).
4. Ryuichi Sekine, Ryota Nakatsu & Fuminori Abe defeated Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi, Trans-Am ★ Shinya & SAGAT when Nakatsu submitted Hiroshi with the Cross Armbreaker (9:20).
5. Union MAX Title: Trans-Am ★ Ryuichi defeated FUMA (c) with the Perfect Five (13:53).
*FUMA fails in V2. Trans-Am ★ Ryuichi becomes the 8th Union MAX Champion!
6. DDT Foods Strongest Store Decision Falls Count Anywhere 3 Way Match: Isami Kodaka & Akito defeated KUDO & Gota Ihashi and Soma Takao & Makoto Oishi when Kodaka pinned Ihashi with the Diving Double Knee Drop from the south stage (11:58).
Today’s show was the last call for Tavern Wrestling before BASARA takes over the format for their own events in Shin-Kiba 1st RING later this year. The ring announcer Rikiya Shindo kicked off the show by asking if everybody was already drunk, then he held a toast for the final Tavern Wrestling show.
A wild 3 Way Tag Match fought under Falls Count Anywhere Rules main evented the show. Isami Kodaka took a page out of his recent team mate Keiji Muto’s playbook and hit a Shining Wizard to Gota Ihashi. Meanwhile KUDO laid out Makoto Oishi, Soma Takao and Akito on separate rows of the southern bleachers. Kodaka knocked KUDO off and stepped on each of the wrestlers as he climbed up to the top. From there he jumped over all of them to hit the Diving Double Knee Drop on Ihashi for the victory. Kodaka promised after the match that the BASARA shows under this format will be even more crazy.
The Union MAX Title now belongs to the Trans-Am group! FUMA’s title reign was cut down thanks to Trans-Am ★ Ryuichi. The challenger did well to block and avoid the Jawbreaker kick throughout the closing minutes. His Lariats were the difference maker and FUMA was too dazed by them to do anything. That made it easy for Ryuichi to pick him up and drop him down with the Perfect Five. Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi declared that “The Champ Is Here!” as the crowd chanted “USA!” But Ryuichi Sekine then appeared to challenge the new champion. Ryuichi is strong but Nakatsu thinks he is stronger. He was only a trainee when Union Pro closed down but he strongly wants to win the title. Ryuichi called Nakatsu a young boy and accepted the challenge. Nakatsu picked the date and location, Korakuen Hall on 29th April!
Alliances were quickly formed and broken during the 5 Way Match. Wrestlers kept pairing up with each other to double team the opposition then a betrayal would happen so someone could pick a “new friend” to help them. In an awkward moment Joey Ryan ended up grabbing Sayaka Obihiro’s chest then commented on how flat she is. Obihiro froze with shock and was out of it for the rest of the match. Ryan later pinned Cherry while Yusuke Kubo tried to comfort Obihiro outside the ring.
Daichi Kazato is now the Best Stretchman V3. He wrestled in a loud orange and blue superhero bodysuit and used a lot of stretching submission moves on his opponents. With a triumphant debut, Stretchman is now looking forward to creating a stir in BASARA and protecting the world from evil.
March 13, 2017
BASARA “VAJRA 31 ~NERIMA WHITE SNAKE~”, 12/03/2017
Tokyo Nerima Coconeri Hall
1. Hagane defeated Daichi Kazato with the Ryanhei (8:23).
2. Reversal Pro Wrestling Trial: Fuminori Abe defeated Gouma Ryu and Atsushi Maruyama when Abe pinned both Ryu and Maruyama with the Rokudenashi Kick (12:07).
3. IRON PRIEST Vs Double ★ Trans-Am: Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi & Trans-Am ★ Shinya defeated FUMA & Yusuke Kubo when Hiroshi pinned Kubo with the Perfect Plex (11:28).
4. Hardcore Tag Match: Gunso & Kabuki Kid defeated Takumi Tsukamoto & SAGAT when Gunso pinned SAGAT with the Diving Guillotine Drop With A Ladder (13:37).
5. Special Tag Match: Dick Togo & Ikuto Hidaka defeated Ryuichi Sekine & Ryota Nakatsu when Togo pinned Nakatsu with the Diving Senton (18:18).
6. Special Single Match: Isami Kodaka defeated Minoru Tanaka with the European Clutch (15:46).
Both Isami Kodaka and Minoru Tanaka were pleased with their match. Kodaka said he looks up to Tanaka and is looking forward to more matches with him because today wasn’t enough.
Dick Togo laughed when Ryuichi Sekine demanded a rematch so they could fight over and over and over. Meanwhile Ryota Nakatsu was holding his stomach still feeling the effects of the Diving Senton.
Gunso and his up-tempo music continues to rack up wins in BASARA. He beat up SAGAT with a chair, placed a ladder over him and then hit the Diving Guillotine Drop for the 3 count. Gunso says he has never lost in Dub Pro Wrestling. He and his buddy Kabuki Kid are Hardcore Craftsmen. SAGAT still has his eyes on Gunso though. He knows that Gunso eventually wants to face Kodaka but until then SAGAT will continue to chase after him.
Yusuke Kubo is offended by Shinya Ishida’s recent transformation into an American wrestler. He asked Shinya if he “abandoned the heart of the Japanese” while they wrestled each other. Shinya lured FUMA out of the ring while Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi hit Kubo with the Perfect Plex to win. FUMA, well, was fuming over the result and is annoyed with the Trans-Am team. He thinks they are all similarly named bastards with no personalities. They don’t even know about the Bay Area slash metal scene from the 1980s like he does!
Fuminori Abe was accused of being a fraudulent priest conning people out of money. Abe, who is allegedly a qualified monk, entered the ring for his trial wearing his monk clothing. Ryota Nakatsu and Ryuichi Sekine were called down as witnesses and asked to explain Abe’s method of conning people. Abe then exposed Sekine’s secret that he likes to spend his private time going to a pervert club where he can touch boobs. Sekine was especially embarrassed by the accusation because they were being watched live on DDT UNIVERSE. The All Japan balance was brought up and it ended up with Gouma Ryu and Atsushi Maruyama arguing with each other. They then turned to Abe, convinced he had cash that didn’t belong to him. Abe knocked both of them out and laid on top of both of them in a praying position for the double pin. He was declared Not Guilty afterwards.
Daichi Kazato is really getting into his stretching regime. So much so that he is going to become reborn on as the “Best Stretchman” on 23rd March.
February 12, 2017
BASARA “VAJRA 29 ~TENKA FUBU~”, 12/02/2017
Nagoya City Higashi Sports Center
160 Fans – No Vacancy
1. Shinya Ishida defeated SAGAT with the △ Drive (8:16).
2. Reversal Pro Wrestling Trial: Konaka = Pale One and Mammoth Handa defeated Gouma Ryu when Konaka and Handa (12:23).
3. Double ★ Trans-Am Vs IRON PRIEST: Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi & Trans-Am ★ Ryuichi defeated FUMA & Yusuke Kubo when Ryuichi pinned Kubo with the Perfect5 (12:59).
4. Nori da Funky Shibire-sasu defeated Daichi Kazato with a Back Drop (12:30).
5. NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Titles: Isami Kodaka & Takumi Tsukamoto defeated Ryuichi Sekine & Ryota Nakatsu (c) when Tsukamoto pinned Nakatsu with the Tiger Suplex (19:45).
*Cavalry fails in V2. The Aldini Brothers become the 23rd NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Champions!
The Aldini Brothers have reclaimed the NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Titles! The champions Cavalry almost won when Ryota Nakatsu hit a Sliding Kick to Takumi Tsukamoto. However Isami Kodaka stopped the pin with the Diving Double Knee Drop. Tsukamoto slipped out of the V Slider and gave Nakatsu the Tiger Suplex for the pin. Kodaka said described winning the belts from Cavalry made the victory even more meaningful. Tsukamoto said that together he and Kodaka will raise the prestige of the titles and also of BASARA.
Court was in session for the latest of Gouma Ryu’s Pro Wrestling Trials. Konaka = Pale One of all people took the case seriously. Gone was his ghostly facepaint and replacing them were a pair of glasses an a tie. He was the prosecutor accusing Mammoth Handa of faking an injury to avoid wrestling at a show last August. Ryu argued that Handa is passionate about pro wrestling but Kodaka told him he’s never seen Honda at practice. Tomoya Hasegawa was called to the ring as a witness. Kodaka noticed that he was wearing women’s underwear beneath his regular clothing. Hasegawa explained he borrowed his sister’s underwear because his own went missing. He then said Handa missed the show in August because of a traffic accident. But as he talked about this he accidentally revealed that he was driving to a Stardom show that day instead of the other show. Everyone attacked Hasegawa and piled on top of him for the pin. Hasegawa was then declared guilty.
February 5, 2017
BASARA “VAJRA 28 ~DESTRUCTION OF HEART~”, 05/02/2017
Tokyo BASEMENT MON☆STAR
145 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. FUMA & Yusuke Kubo defeated Tsutomu Oosugi & Tatsuhiko Yoshino when FUMA pinned Yoshino with the Heavy Metal Anthem (10:54).
2. Wrestling Consultation Center Where You Can Have A Matrix: Shinya Ishida defeated Gouma Ryu with a Super Kick (0:16).
3. NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Title Challengers Decision Battle: Isami Kodaka & Takumi Tsukamoto defeated Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi & SAGAT when Kodaka pinned SAGAT with a Rolling Leg Clutch (13:29).
4. Trans-Am ★ Challenge: Trans-Am ★ Ryuichi defeated Daichi Kazato with the Perfect 5 (8:34).
5. NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Titles: Ryuichi Sekine & Ryota Nakatsu (c) defeated Ikuto Hidaka & Sean Guinness when Sekine submitted Guinness with the Let’s Combine (24:17).
*V1 for Cavalry.
Cavalry successfully fended off the outsider team of Ikuto Hidaka & Sean Guinness to keep the NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Titles around their waists. Guinness tried to pin Ryuichi Sekine with a Hurricanrana but it was countered into the Let’s Combine, forcing Guinness to tap out. Ikuto Hidaka accepted defeat on this day but warned Sekine that the next time he is in BASARA he will leave as the winner. He reminded everyone that he and Dick Togo were the first NWA Light Tag Champions. So they will team up again to win back the titles! The Brothers Aldini then came down to the ring. They are the current No. 1 Contenders after beating Hiroshi du Soleil earlier in the show. Both they and the champions are now motivated even more knowing that the winners of their match next week have Hidaka and Togo waiting for them.
That wasn’t the end of it though. FUMA interrupted the closing speeches yelling “HELL! HELL! HELL AND HELL!” He confronted Sekine for their upcoming Union MAX Title match on 20th February. Sekine said he hadn’t forgotten about it. FUMA insulted Sekine’s shaved head, saying it is nothing like Anthrax member Scott Ian’s sophisticated skinned head. Sekine told FUMA that by the end of the month he will become a double champion, the King of Two Crowns!
January 20, 2017
BASARA “VAJRA 27 WU”, 20/01/2017
Saitama Wrestle Fighter Museum
91 Fans – No Vacancy
1. Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi & SAGAT defeated MC.33 & Fuminori Abe when SAGAT pinned Abe with the Space SAGAT Torpedo 2 (6:47).
2. Wrestling Consultation Office That Can Be A Matrix: Tsutomu Oosugi defeated Gouma Ryu with a Referee Lariat from Yuya Okada (11:23).
3. Pro Wrestling BASARA 1st Anniversary Memorial Match: Ikuto Hidaka defeated Ryota Nakatsu with the Shawn Capture (12:53).
4. FUMA & Yusuke Kubo defeated Takumi Tsukamoto & Daichi Kazato when FUMA pinned Kazato with the Heavy Metal Anthem (12:41).
5. Special Single Match: Ryuichi Sekine defeated Saburo Inematsu with the Ryusetsu (10:20).
The main event was a face off between Ryuichi Sekine and his former senior Saburo Inematsu. They teamed together in K-DOJO as Bozz Rengo. Inematsu will be retiring from wrestling on 5th February so he got to have one more match with his old friend. Sekine’s head was cut open from an Elbow Smash but he fought past that to beat Inematsu. Sekine was in tears after the match while he thanked Inematsu for coming. But he had something else on his mind. Sekine has momentum on his side so he wants a Union MAX Title shot! He then invited Ryota Nakatsu into the ring. Nakatsu told him they will be defending the NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Titles on 5th February against Ikuto Hidaka & Sean Guinness.
Hidaka was in the building to compete in a rematch from the first BASARA show one year ago. Hidaka Vs Nakatsu was an exciting opening match for BASARA’s debut. They did the same here and the result was no different. Hidaka locked in the Shawn Capture, Nakatsu could not reach the ropes and he had to tap out. Hidaka congratulated BASARA for its 1st Anniversary and mentioned this weekend is his 20th Anniversary in wrestling. But he wasn’t here to celebrate that. He’s here for the NWA International Tag Titles.
Due to shenanigans in the opener, MC.33 made himself the referee for Gouma Ryu Vs Tsutomu Oosugi after he knocked out Yuya Okada. Ryu protested the decision and refused to wrestle until MC.33 held Okada hostage. When everybody calmed down the four men decided to settle their problems through discussion. They then agreed to play a wrestling music guessing game. However everyone became too enthusiastic and were doing the moves of the wrestlers they heard. It reached the point where Okada mimicked Daisuke Sekimoto by Lariating everyone until Oosugi landed on top of Ryu, pinning him to win the match.
For some reason MC.33 & Fuminori Abe attacked Yuya Okada before the opening match. Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi said its because Okada is the most popular person in BASARA. MC.33 and Abe continued to get cheap shots on Okada during the match, like attacking him instead of their opponents to break up a pin. Okada in return tried to help Hiroshi du Soleil with fast counts. He also unintentionally distracted Abe long enough for Hiroshi to successfully use SAGAT for the Space SAGAT Torpedo 2 for the victory. MC.33 attacked Okada again after the match and declared himself the referee for Match #2.