DDT “DDT LIVE! MAJI MANJI #12”, 24/07/2018
Shin-Kiba 1st RING
240 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
0. NO TV Match: Mad Paulie defeated Mizuki Watase with a Crushed La Magistral Cradle (6:07).
0. NO TV Match: Naomi Yoshimura defeated Facade with the Shonenba (7:25).
1. Soma Takao & Tetsuya Endo defeated Daiki Shimomura & Nobuhiro Shimatani when Takao pinned Shimatani with the Sorarina (5:01).
2. Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata defeated Antonio Honda & Kazusada Higuchi when Hirata pinned Hona with the Miracle One Shot Cradle (11:16).
3. 4 Way Tag Match: Mike Bailey & MAO defeated HARASHIMA & Masahiro Takanashi, Danshoku Dieno & Makoto Oishi and Keisuke Ishii & Yuki Ueno when Bailey pinned Oishi with the Ultima Weapon (6:35).
4. Loser Loses By Crying Rules: Tenshin Nasukawa defeated Ken Ohka when Nasukawa made Ohka cry.
5. Special Hardcore Tag Match: Shigehiro Irie & Jason Kincaid defeated Jun Kasai & Daisuke Sasaki when Irie pinned Sasaki with the Beast Bomber (16:02).
6. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles: Konosuke Takeshita, Akito & Shunma Katsumata (c) defeated Meiko Satomura, DASH Chisako & Cassandra Miyagi when Takeshita pinned Miyagi with the German Suplex (17:33).
*V1 for ALL OUT.
The Sendai Girls brought it to ALL OUT today with a difficult title defence for the champions to overcome. DASH Chisako climbed the entrance gate at the stage and dove onto ALL OUT below. The champions were rattled but recovered enough to fight back. Konosuke Takeshita got to clash with Meiko Satomura yet the finish came down to Takeshita pinning Cassandra Miyagi with the German Suplex.
After the match Takeshita thanked the Sendai Girls for the match. He then told Satomura that he wants to fight the strongest wrestlers be they man or woman. That means he wants to fight her in a singles match some day. When the Girls left, “Sky Walk” suddenly played over the speakers and Kendo Kashin came out. He invited Sanshiro Takagi, Ken Ohka and even Yukinori Matsui to join him in the ring and stand across from ALL OUT. Takeshita asked if this was the next team to challenge them for the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles. Kashin said he will be one of the challengers along with NOSAWA Rongai and Keisuke Okuda. There was no reason for the others to be there. Everyone was confused but Kashin handed everyone a beer and asked for a toast. He then threw the beer at ALL OUT and announced their title match will take place on 7th August.
A fan vote was made to determine a special weapon for the Hardcore Tag Match. The AbemaTV audience overwhelmingly voted for Option D: Nobuhiro Shimatani wrapped in barbed wire. He didn’t enjoy it. Meanwhile it looked like the past problems between Daisuke Sasaki & Jun Kasai were water under the bridge. They gelled together as a team as they brawled with Shigehiro Irie & Jason Kincaid. Cracks began to form when Kasai tried to stab Irie in the head with bamboo skewers but hit Sasaki instead. Later Kasai and Sasaki brought in a board with knife blades sticking out of it. Sasaki placed it on Irie and Kasai went for the Pearl Harbour Splash. Sasaki then thought it would be funny to flip the board over so Kasai landed on the knives! An angry Kasai attacked Sasaki and gave him the Reverse Tiger Driver. Irie grabbed Sasaki and gave him a Fire Thunder through a ladder at ringside. Kincaid hit the Philosopher’s Stomp and Irie hit the Beast Bomber to win the match.
The time finally came for Ken Ohka to get his ass kicked. Tenshin Nasukawa was healthy enough to come in and literally kick Ohka in the ass. But first he wanted a warm up. A dummy with Ken Ohka’s face was brought out and Nasukawa kicked its head off. The challenge for Ohka was to take the kick up the backside and go ten seconds without crying. Nasukawa kicked Ohka, Ohka tried to tough it out but was quickly reduced to tears. Ohka accepted defeat and realises it is another painful lesson for him to learn in order to make pro wrestling a major sport.
With Kota Umeda missing the show due to injury, Makoto Oishi claimed he was now the most exciting person on “DDT LIVE! MAJI MANJI” and the undisputed Mr. Maji Manji. He challenged the other wrestlers in the 4 Way Tag to bring their best to impress him. That backfired when Mike Bailey & MAO did their work to beat him. Oishi’s partner Danshoku Dieno was too busy chasing after Yuki Ueno to stop the pin. MAO credited Oishi’s hard work and Ueno’s support for the victory. Bailey & MAO have a lot of momentum after winning the KO-D Tag Team Titles on Sunday. MAO just wants everyone to ignore the fact they don’t have a team name yet.
Today was Kazuki Hirata’s first proper appearance on Maji Manji so it was the first time the show got to experience the “TOKYO GO” shenanigans.
Nobuhiro Shimatani didn’t want to get covered in barbed wire for the Hardcore Match so he wanted that role to be given to the loser of the opening match he was in. He became that loser anyway.
A draft to determine where the DNA wrestlers will move to when DNA closes down will take place on 14th August.