DDT “D-KING GRAND PRIX 2018 IN SHIMIZU”, 13/01/2018
Shizuoka Shimizu Marine Bill
235 Fans – No Vacancy
1. 3 Way 6-Man Tag Match: Makoto Oishi, Shunma Katsumata & MAO defeated Konosuke Takeshita, Antonio Honda & Kouki Iwasaki and Daisuke Sasaki, Mad Paulie & Nobuhiro Shimatani when Oishi pinned Shimatani with the Miracle Ecstasy (10:39).
2. D-King Grand Prix – B Block: Akito (4) defeated Yukio Sakaguchi (4) with the Rolling Jr. Olympic Hell Part I (9:35).
3. D-King Grand Prix – A Block: Joey Ryan (4) defeated Jiro Kuroshio (6) with the Super Kick (10:46).
4. D-King Grand Prix – B Block: Shuji Ishikawa (8) defeated Soma Takao (4) with the Splash Mountain (11:53).
5. D-King Grand Prix – A Block: HARASHIMA (6) defeated Masahiro Takanashi (2) with the Somato (11:41).
6. D-King Grand Prix – B Block: Kazusada Higuchi (6) defeated Mike Bailey (4) with the Doctor Bomb (14:11).
7. D-King Grand Prix – A Block: Keisuke Ishii (6) defeated Tetsuya Endo (7) with the Kneel Kick (17:39).
1. Tetsuya Endo (7)
2. Keisuke Ishii (6)
-. HARASHIMA (6)
-. Jiro Kuroshio (6)
5. Konosuke Takeshita (5)
6. Joey Ryan (4)
7. Masahiro Takanashi (2)
1. Shuji Ishikawa (8)
2. Daisuke Sasaki (6)
3. Kazusada Higuchi (6)
-. Mike Bailey (4)
-. Yukio Sakaguchi (4)
-. Soma Takao (4)
-. Akito (4)
The field is getting narrower as the D-King Grand Prix heads towards its final stretch. Tetsuya Endo still leads Block A but his loss to Keisuke Ishii today means he’s only just ahead by a point. Ishii avoided the Shooting Star Press and hit Endo with everything that he could. The Fisherman Buster, Exploder Suplex and Tiger Suplex didn’t work. Endo hit the Tetsuya In The Sky for a last gasp chance but Ishii kicked out. Finally the Kneel Kick from Ishii put Endo away. Ishii said the win means the possibility of becoming the Grand Prix champion is still there for him. He thinks if he beats Konosuke Takeshita tomorrow then he will qualify for the final. Endo needs to beat HARASHIMA to guarantee his spot in the final. A draw leaves his fate up to Ishii versus Takeshita. Endo thinks the only thing missing from his game right now is financial strength. DAMNATION already has cute and popular wrestlers, what they need now is money!
Over in Block B Kazusada Higuchi is still in the fight after beating Mike Bailey. The result could have been different because Bailey hit the Ultima Weapon but took too long to cover Higuchi. When Higuchi recovered he did the Doctor Bomb for the three count. Higuchu admitted he barely survived the match. He hit Bailey many times but it was still in intense battle. Now all that is left is Shuji Ishikawa. Higuchi must beat him to reach the final.
The third wrestler chasing for the top spot in Block A is HARASHIMA. He feels like his nerves are wearing him out but he kept his head clear enough to get past Masahiro Takanashi. HARASHIMA must beat Endo tomorrow and hope Ishii does not beat Takeshita. Takanashi is out of the tournament but he has so much respect for HARASHIMA he will beat Joey Ryan for him.
Ishikawa got back on track with a win over Soma Takao, surviving a surprise attack in the beginning. Ishikawa says his body is big and his mind is strong and motivated. His final opponent Higuchi is one of the few wrestlers in DDT who can match up to his power in a direct fight so he is ready for tomorrow’s collision.
Jiro Kuroshio’s final match in the tournament ended in a loss to Joey Ryan. He went for the Ikemen Clutch but Ryan stuck a lollipop into his mouth and Super Kicked him. He ends his run with 3 wins and 3 losses. Kuroshio is happy with how he did and he wants to appear more for DDT in the future. He said he found something he wants to do here.
Akito busted out the Rolling Olympic Hell I to destroy Yukio Sakaguchi’s chances of reaching the final. Akito thinks his entire performance wasn’t good but he still got a lot out of the Grand Prix. He hopes Takeshita ends up winning the tournament. Sakaguchi is worried that the damage his legs have taken throughout the tournament will prevent him from winning his last match tomorrow.