DDT “FIRST TIME ADVANCE! 2017”, 08/04/2017
Tokyo Narimasu Act Hall
340 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Best Final Of A Song! No, I’m Dancing! Final Conclusion For A Second Time!!: Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata defeated Makoto Oishi, Shunma Katsumata & MAO when Hirata pinned Oishi with the One Shot Miracle Cradle (5:35).
2. 4 Way Match: Shuji Ishikawa defeated Soma Takao, Masahiro Takanashi and Tomomitsu Matsunaga when Ishikawa pinned Matsunaga with the Running Kneelift (7:14).
3. Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere 5 Minute Fight: Royce Isaacs (185) defeated Antonio Honda (104) by Audience Decision (5:00).
*Royce Isaacs wins a Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract.
4. Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere 5 Minute Fight: Akito defeated Kouki Iwasaki with an Airplane Throw (1:53).
*Akito wins a Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract.
5. Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere 5 Minute Fight: Keisuke Ishii (163) defeated Yoshihiko (114) by Audience Decision (5:00).
*Keisuke Ishii wins a Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract.
6. Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere 5 Minute Fight: Yoshihiro Takayama defeated Kazusada Higuchi by TKO with a Sleeper Hold (3:00).
*Yoshihiro Takayama wins a Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract.
7. Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere 5 Minute Fight: Shigehiro Irie (180) defeated KUDO (124) by Audience Decision (5:00).
*Shigehiro Irie wins a Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract.
8. Smile Squash Vs DAMNATION!: Daisuke Sasaki & Tetsuya Endo defeated HARASHIMA & Yasu Urano when Endo pinned Urano with a Shooting Star Press (10:49).
9. You Will Kill Or Get Hurt! You Will Get Caught Or Killed! Special Single Match: Yukio Sakaguchi defeated Danshoku Dino with a Gedo Clutch (7:47).
10. Spring Big Bang Battle: Konosuke Takeshita defeated Mad Paulie with a Lariat (10:31).
-. KO-D Openweight Title: Konosuke Takeshita (c) defeated Akito with a Wrist Clutch Fisherman Buster (15:38).
*V1 for Konosuke Takeshita. Akito cashes in his Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract.
The Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere season has begun and we already got a cash in! After a hard fought main event where Konosuke Takeshita defeated Mad Paulie, the celebration was cut short when Akito ran in and Dropkicked Takeshita from behind. He then cashed in his newly won Right To Challenge Contract for an immediate KO-D Openweight Title Match! To make things even more interesting, DAMNATION members Daisuke Sasaki and Tetsuya Endo were at ringside to watch the match up close. Takeshita was able to survive Akito’s submissions but the challenger was well prepared to avoid any version of Takeshita’s German Suplexes. The Champion instead had to add a new move to his arsenal and used a Wrist Clutch Fisherman Buster to successfully defend his title.
Sasaki commiserated Akito for the loss and handed him a DAMNATION T-shirt. Sasaki welcomed him as the newest member of the group. However Akito rejected the offer and threw the shirt at Sasaki! He was then attacked by Sasaki & Endo until Takeshita came to rescue him. Akito left the ring without shaking Takeshita’s hand but paused as Takeshita spoke to him on the microphone. Takeshita said he had fun wrestling Akito and he doesn’t dislike him so they should wrestle together more. Akito responded that he had been thinking a lot since leaving Smile Squash, like is he as good as HARASHIMA on his own or does he need something like the Right To Challenge contract to become the champion? Takeshita extended his hand and asked Akito to team with him. Akito asked if Takeshita is okay to team with him even if he gets another RTC contract and cashes in again? Takeshita answered that it would be make the team more interesting. Akito joked that Takeshita is smart after all and agreed to join his side.
Another alliance was formed after the show when Danshoku Dino and Royce Isaacs were seen hanging out together among the crowd. Isaacs announced that he was coming out as gay. He regretted keeping it a secret for years but by wrestling in Japan he discovered the freedom to be himself. Dino praised Isaacs for his power as a gay wrestler and invited the fans to call him “Ai-chan” in the future. Dino also said he wants to expand the world of gay wrestling and rattled off facts about how 80% of the people here are homosexuals. He then lead everyone in “G-A-Y” chants.
Dino proved to be a tricky opponent for Yukio Sakaguchi to handle. He kept on finding ways to counter Sakaguchi’s moves into the Lip Lock. But Sakaguchi was able to win by turning the last Lip Lock into the Gedo Clutch for the pin. Dino was so disappointed by the defeat that Yoshihiro Takayama had to comfort him after the match. Takayama also gave Sakaguchi a cold stare as he did so.
For the last month T2Hide have been trying to solve the problem of Kazuki Hirata’s entrance music. His current song “TOKYO GO” cannot be used on DDT UNIVERSE because DDT does not have the rights to use it. This is horrible news because Hirata’s entire existence lives and dies by that song. Today, Sanshiro Takagi came up with a solution. He and Toru Owashi would sing “TOKYO GO” a cappella during Hirata’s entrance. Hirata hated it and told his teammates he won’t dance to that. However Takagi & Owashi sang it again during the match and it gave Hirata the power boost needed to win. Hirata begged them to stop because the singing was so deadly it would kill them. He then challenged NωA to a KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles match. Takagi stepped in and said they couldn’t challenge for the belts without putting something on the line themselves. They agreed to a stipulation that if NωA beats T2Hide then Kazuki Hirata will be banished from Japan!
After today there are still four active Right To Challenge contracts. The holders were determined in a series of five minute matches with the audience deciding the winners if the time ran out. Both Shigehiro Irie, Keisuke Ishii and Royce Isaacs got their contracts by the fan vote, beating KUDO, Yoshihiko and Antonio Honda respectively. Yoshihiro Takayama choked out Kazusada Higuchi in three minutes to win his contract while Akito tapped out Kouki Iwasaki in under two minutes to kick things off. The contracts are active until the next Sumo Hall show on 20th August.