DDT “MASAHIRO TAKANASHI DEBUT 15th ANNIVERSARY MEMORIAL ~IN THE WORLD THERE IS NO STOREHOUSE~”, 08/07/2018
Tokyo Ryogoku KFC Hall
430 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
0. Under Match: Mizuki Watase defeated Daiki Shimomura with a Collapsed La Magistral Cradle (2:38).
1. Ryogoku Style Gauntlet Tag Match: Hoshitango & Kazusada Higuchi defeated Konosuke Takeshita & Yasu Urano, Akito & Shunma Katsumata, Makoto Oishi & Cherry, Antonio Honda & Riho, Tomomitsu Matsunaga & Keisuke Ishii, Kouki Iwasaki & Rekka and Danshoku Dieno & Yoshihiko (w/ Yusuke Inokuma).
1a. Antonio Honda & Riho eliminated Makoto Oishi & Cherry when Honda pinned Oishi after the Somato from Riho (3:06).
1b. Konosuke Takeshita & Yasu Urano eliminated Antonio Honda & Riho by Ring Out when Urano threw out Honda (3:49).
1c. Konosuke Takeshita & Yasu Urano eliminated Kouki Iwasaki & Rekka when Takeshita pinned Rekka with a Lariat (3:02).
1d. Danshoku Dieno & Yoshihiko (w/ Yusuke Inokuma) eliminated Konosuke Takeshita & Yasu Urano by Ring Out when Yoshihiko threw out Takeshita (4:40).
1e. Akito & Shunma Katsumata eliminated Danshoku Dieno & Yoshihiko (w/ Yusuke Inokuma) by Referee Stoppage when Shimomura choked out Inokuma (3:39).
1f. Hoshitango & Kazusada Higuchi eliminated Akito & Shunma Katsumata when Higuchi pinned Katsumata with a Hurricanrana Cutback (0:43).
1g. Hoshitango & Kazusada Higuchi eliminated Tomomitsu Matsunaga & Keisuke Ishii when Hoshitango pinned Matsunaga with the Midnight Buenos Aires (3:49).
2. MAO Vs DJ Nira ended in a No Contest (12:59).
3. DAMNATION Vs Irie-gun: Daisuke Sasaki, Soma Takao, Tetsuya Endo & Mad Paulie defeated Shigehiro Irie, Sammy Guevara, Facade & Baliyan Akki when Sasaki pinned Akki with the Sasaki Hurricanrana (13:14).
4. Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi, Kazuki Hirata, Saki Akai & Gota Ihashi defeated Brahman Shu, Brahman Kei, Gorgeous Matsuno, Emi Sakura & Chupacabra (w/ Miyako Haru) when Akai pinned Chupacabra with a Diving Body Attack (7:46).
5. Yukio Sakaguchi & Manjimaru defeated Kota Umeda & Yuki Ueno when Sakaguchi submitted Ueno with the Modified Cobra Clutch (14:00).
6. KUDO, HARASHIMA & Ken Ohka defeated Takashi Sasaki, GENTARO & Tanomusaku Toba when KUDO pinned Toba with the Diving Double Knee Drop (11:59).
7. Isami Kodaka defeated Masahiro Takanashi with the Isamuashi Zan (27:11).
Even though this show was put together to celebrate Masahiro Takanashi’s 15th anniversary in wrestling, he only appeared for the main event match against Isami Kodaka. He never came out at the start of the show, instead nominating Sayaka Obihiro to give the opening speech. After the main event, he bowed in the centre of the ring to every side of the building then made his exit. KUDO and Yukio Sakaguchi closed out the show with a speech on his behalf. He didn’t stick around for any backstage interviews either. Kodaka said that the generation that he and Takanashi are a part of still need to step up against the younger wrestlers.
There was a nostalgic theme to the show with a lot of former DDT wrestlers showing up. Takashi Sasaki, GENTARO & Tanomusaku Toba were the mystery trio taking on KUDO, HARASHIMA & Ken Ohka. Everyone shook hands with each other after the match, but slapped Ken Ohka when he tried to shake them.
The UMA Corps targeted Saki Akai earlier in the week by sending one of their monsters to stalk her. Today she got to face off against the Chupacabra as part of a colourful 10-Man Tag Match also featuring the returns of T2Hide, Gota Ihashi, the Brahman Brothers, Gorgeous Matsuno and Emi Sakura. Ihashi wanted to protect Akai but the other team easily beat him up. Kazuki Hirata brought back the Hirata GO! glasses and danced to his music. The song annoyed the Brahman Brothers because it brought back bad memories from their Toryumon lives. Brahman Shu threw a briefcase at Akai but she ducked and it hit Chupacabra instead. Akai then pinned Chupacabra with a Diving Body Press. The Brahmans fled after the match but the UMA leader Miyako Haru warned Akai that the UMA are everywhere like a black shadow. Hirata interrupted her by giving Hirata GO! glasses to everyone and they all danced.
Both MAO and DJ Nira kept putting Daisuke Kiso in harm’s way. They kept blaming each other until Kiso took one bump too many and called off the match for his own safety.
The Tag Gauntlet had plenty on offer. Makoto Oishi & Cherry were ambushed by Antonio Honda & Riho at the start. Riho later saved Honda from getting pinned by hitting Oishi with the Somato, rolling Honda back on top for the three count. Konosuke Takeshita did not hesitate to fight Riho one on one. Honda & Riho hit each other with Bionic Elbows when Yasu Urano dodged them. Urano then threw Honda out of the ring to eliminated that team. Takeshita tried to use Rekka’s Nishinari Elbow against him but missed. Takeshita was able to pin him with a Lariat afterwards. The mystery team were revealed to be Danshoku Dieno & Yoshihiko with Yusuke Inokuma as Yoshihiko’s holder. Inokuma threw Yoshihiko at Takeshita to knock him off the apron and eliminate his team. Dieno & Yoshihiko were then eliminated by Akito & Shunma Katsumata when Inakuma got tangled up in Yoshihiko’s string and accidentally hung himself over the ropes while Katsumata gave Yoshihiko a Piledriver. Rather than count the pin, Yukinori Matsui immediately eliminated Dieno & Yoshihiko to save Inokuma. Hoshitango & Kazusada Higuchi entered in sumo gear and quickly beat ALL OUT. Tomomitsu Matsunaga & Keisuke Ishii were the final entry but they lost out to the sumo team.