April 23, 2017
DDT “ROAD TO RYOGOKU 2017 ~DRAMATIC DREAM TEMPURAMANJU~”, 23/04/2017
Nagano City Arts Center
322 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Antonio Honda & Mike Bailey defeated KUDO & Saki Akai when Honda pinned Akai with the Diving Fist Drop (11:00).
2. Smile Squash Vs DNA!: HARASHIMA, Soma Takao & Yasu Urano defeated Kazusada Higuchi, Shunma Katsumata & Guanchulo when HARASHIMA pinned Guanchulo with the Somato (11:07).
3. Number One In DDT Most Popular Decision Battle!: Shigehiro Irie defeated Mizuki Watase with the Beast Bomber (15:03).
4. Yoshihiro Takayama & Keisuke Ishii defeated Yukio Sakaguchi & Masahiro Takanashi when Ishii pinned Takanashi with the High Angle Double Arm DDT (13:21).
5. DDT Nagano Sales Manager, Toru Owashi Local Triumph ~ T2Hide Vs World’s Cutest Hips: Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata defeated Danshoku Dino, Makoto Oishi & Royce Isaacs when Hirata pinned Oishi with the One Shot Miracle Cradle (13:20).
6. Takeshita & Akito Vs DAMNATION!: Daisuke Sasaki & Tetsuya Endo defeated Konosuke Takeshita & Akito when Endo pinned Takeshita with the Kasadora (15:30).
Once again Tetsuya Endo had Konosuke Takeshita’s number. This time he pinned the KO-D Openweight Champion with a flash Kasadora after spending the match attacking Takeshita’s left leg. Endo continued to insult Takeshita and belittle his title run until Daisuke Sasaki of all people told him to stop. Sasaki politely apologised to Takeshita for Endo’s rude behaviour. It was only a ruse and Sasaki then joined in with the insults and charged at the champion. Takeshita knocked Sasaki down with a Lariat and had a staredown with Endo afterwards.
The International Gay Factory went into the Nagano City Arts Center with the goal of transforming it into a gay museum. With Makoto Oishi on their side today they were also going by the team name World’s Cutest Hips. The biggest defence standing against them was Kazuki Hirata and the rest of T2Hide. Hirata demanded “Tokyo GO!” to be played but it never did so Sanshiro Takagi & Toru Owashi had to sing it a cappella again. Danshoku Dino and Royce Isaacs attacked them to stop the singing. Those four wrestlers would soon get stuck in the corner thanks to a Hell Gate gone wrong. Long story short Takagi & Owashi had their arms trapped by Isaac’s Miracle Ass. They were still able to sing though and Hirata used that to dance his way to victory over Oishi. Peace has been kept for the Arts Center thanks to Hirata!
A key discovery may have been made in the feud between Yukio Sakaguchi and Yoshihiro Takayama. Sakaguchi’s use of the Sleeper Hold seems to be effective against Takayama but he hasn’t been able to go all the way with it yet. Today Sakaguchi locked in the move but Keisuke Ishii broke it up. Ishii then turned his attention to Masahiro Takanashi and ended up pinning him. Sakaguchi said he is ready to strangle Takayama when their KO-D Tag Team Titles match finally takes place. Takayama isn’t scared. In fact he’s bored with his current situation.
Shigehiro Irie was given a gift certificate by the show’s sponsor for winning his match against Mizuki Watase. He declined a handshake from Watase after the match but it was so he could hug him instead.
April 9, 2017
DDT “ROAD TO RYOGOKU 2017 ~DRAMATIC DREAM TAREKATSUDON~”, 09/04/2017
Niigata City Nishikawa Multi-Purpose Hall
1. Keisuke Ishii & Makoto Oishi defeated Sanshiro Takagi & Kazuki Hirata when Oishi pinned Hirata with the Miracle Ecstasy (8:12).
2. Shuten-dōji Vs Massive Sumo Wrestling Combination ~ Lucha Libre Rules: Toru Owashi & Kazusada Higuchi defeated KUDO & Masahiro Takanashi when Higuchi submitted KUDO with the Canadian Backbreaker (9:44).
3. Daisuke Sasaki defeated Guanchulo with the Diving Elbow Drop (10:54).
4. Niigata Specialty Match! Tochio Fried Single Match: Yukio Sakaguchi defeated MAO with the Sakaguchi Cobra Clutch (8:28).
5. HARASHIMA & Soma Takao defeated Shigehiro Irie & Kouki Iwasaki when HARASHIMA pinned Iwasaki with the Somato (10:11).
6. Tag Match Where Muscle Friends Encourage Super Sasadango Machine For Medical Treatment: Yoshihiro Takayama & Danshoku Dino defeated Yasu Urano & Antonio Honda (w/ Super Sasadango Machine) when Takayama pinned Honda with the Running Kneelift (9:51).
7. Takeshita & Akito Vs DAMNATION: Konosuke Takeshita & Akito defeated Tetsuya Endo & Mad Paulie when Akito submitted Paulie with the Perfect Figure Four Leg Lock (17:12).
The card was shuffled about because of Konosuke Takeshita & Akito’s new alliance. The new team was quickly put to the test against Tetsuya Endo & Mad Paulie in the main event. They ended up passing with flying colours. Takeshita caught Endo from a handspring and turned it into a German Suplex. With Endo out of the ring, Akito locked Paulie in the Perfect Figure Four and made him submit. Takeshita & Akito were given a 30kb bag of rice as a prize for winning the match. Akito apologised to the fans for causing most of the card to change but he got to show that he and Takeshita are on the same wavelength as a team.
Super Sasadango Machine was eager to appear on the show since it was being held in his hometown. However he is still recovering from illness and was unable to wrestle so Danshoku Dino tried to keep him away from the ring. Sasadango became upset because he wanted to do something on the show. He was born a pro wrestler and he will die a pro wrestler. He even sold 40 tickets for the show despite not having a match on the card. Tired of Dino trying to protect him, Sasadango broke up with him so he could go be in Yasu Urano & Antonio Honda’s corner instead. He gave them advice during the match on how to fight Yoshihiro Takayama. For the last 6 months he has studied Takayama and even hired a detective to explore his private life. But all he found out was how much of a good father Takayama is to his son. So Sasadango used his contacts to delve even further and eventually got in touch with a store owner who once sold a model railroad to Takayama’s son. Somehow this person found out from the son that Takayama’s big weakness is he hates being tickled. Urano asked if Sasadango was feeling okay but Sasadango assured him he was being serious. He was right. Honda, Urano and Sasadango himself all tickled Takayama to keep him at bay. The plan only worked for a little while and soon Takayama fought all of them off and pinned Honda with the Running Kneelift. Danshoku Dino scolded Sasadango afterwards for getting physically involved in the match. Sasadango informed Dino that his doctor gave him the okay to start doing intense exercises and he can go back to wrestling pretty soon. He still needs to take expensive medicine to lower his cholesterol but he should be fit and ready to wrestle again on the 28th May Korakuen Hall show.
April 1, 2017
DDT “SAITAMA SLAM! VOL. 19”, 01/04/2017
Saitama Kasukabe Hall
350 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Keisuke Ishii & Kazusada Higuchi defeated Sanshiro Takagi & Kazuki Hirata when Ishii pinned Hirata with the High Angle Double Arm DDT (8:04).
2. KUDO Vs Mad Paulie ended in a Double Countout (6:03).
3. Toru Owashi & Shigehiro Irie defeated Makoto Oishi & Shunma Katsumata when Irie pinned Oishi with the Beast Bomber (10:29).
4. Unit Opposition 3 Way Tag Match: HARASHIMA & Soma Takao defeated Yukio Sakaguchi & Masahiro Takanashi and Yoshihiro Takayama & Danshoku Dino when HARASHIMA pinned Takanashi with the Somato (11:27).
5. Akito defeated Yasu Urano with the Hanamasa (11:21).
6. Happy Motels Final Match: Konosuke Takeshita, Antonio Honda & Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi defeated Daisuke Sasaki, Shuji Ishikawa & Tetsuya Endo when Honda submitted Sasaki with the Manjigatame (20:43).
It is all over for Happy Motels. With Konosuke Takeshita taking the throne as the top man in DDT, Antonio Honda felt it was time for everyone to move on. Their final match together with Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi included saw them victorious over DAMNATION. As an added treat it was Honda who scored the winning submission. He blocked Daisuke Sasaki’s Hurricanrana and countered it into a Dragon Suplex. When Sasaki kicked out Honda put him in the Manjigatame to make Sasaki tap. Honda said they would build a sexy statue of Hiroshi to celebrate the victory. He then said “April Fool’s!” Honda revealed that he came up with the idea of forming Happy Motel back when he saw Takeshita and Hiroshi wrestle each other. Hiroshi said he now feels lonely without Happy Motels but Honda reminded him that he is a pillar for BASARA and BASARA will always need him. Honda finished by saying even if they weren’t really a motel, they were still able to be happy and make others feel happy. They finished with a group pose and with that, Happy Motels have disbanded.
Something is going on with Akito, there is more to him leaving Smile Squash than just wanting a change in scenery. His match with Yasu Urano featured interference from Daisuke Sasaki and Tetsuya Endo. Sasaki gave Urano a Low Blow while Endo distracted the referee. Akito did not see it happen but still took advantage and pinned Urano with the Hanamasa. Urano offered a handshake after the match but Akito rejected him and stormed out of the ring. When Akito found out about DAMNATION’s interference he thought it was just an April Fool’s joke being played on him.
Yukio Sakaguchi and Yoshihiro Takayama continued fighting each other after the 3 Way Tag Match ended. Meanwhile Smile Squash are still adjusting to life without Akito. Soma Takao suggested that he and HARASHIMA go after the KO-D Tag Team Titles.
Royce Isaacs introduced himself to the audience at the start of the show. He wrestled in last year’s DNA Grand Prix and is happy for the chance to wrestle in DDT. He told the audience he will have exciting matches and they will not forget his name.
There is a change in plans for this year’s Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere challenge. Instead of a Battle Royal Ladder Match there will instead be five singles matches to determine who wins a contract. The matches are Akito Vs Kouki Iwasaki, Antonio Honda Vs Royce Isaacs, KUDO Vs Shigehiro Irie, Yoshihiro Takayama Vs Kazusada Higuchi and Keisuke Ishii Vs Yoshihiko. Each match will have a five minute time limit and if the time runs out the winner will be chosen by an audience vote.
February 26, 2017
DDT “ROAD TO SUPER ARENA ~DRAMATIC DREAM TONTON~”, 26/02/2017
Maebashi Green Dome Sub Arena
1. Makoto Oishi, Shunma Katsumata & MAO defeated Toru Owashi, Kazuki Hirata & Nobuhiro Shimatani when Oishi pinned Hirata and Shimatani with a Double Horizontal Cradle (11:00).
2. Soma Takao & Akito defeated Kouki Iwasaki & Guanchulo when Takao pinned Guanchulo with the Gin And Tonic (12:12).
3. Masahiro Takanashi defeated Mad Paulie by Countout (11:07).
4. Real No Fear Vs DNA!: Yoshihiro Takayama & Danshoku Dino defeated Kazusada Higuchi & Mizuki Watase when Takayama pinned Watase with the Running Knee Lift (13:21).
5. Shuten-dōji Vs DAMNATION!: KUDO & Yukio Sakaguchi defeated Daisuke Sasaki & Tetsuya Endo when Sakaguchi pinned Endo with the Right Knee Of God (12:45).
6. Maebashi Specialty! DDT Does Not Know The Gunman Special Tag Match: Konosuke Takeshita & Antonio Honda defeated HARASHIMA & Yasu Urano when Takeshita pinned Urano with the Roll Through German Suplex (20:10).
As the road to Saitama Super Arena continues, Konosuke Takeshita finally gets his first victory over HARASHIMA in their series of tag matches. Takeshita introduced each member of Happy Motels to the audience after the match and also included Yumehito Imanari who was working as the cameraman. Takeshita hopes he will return to Maebashi as the KO-D Openweight Champion for a singles match.
Tetsuya Endo refused to answer any questions during the entire post-match interview after he was pinned by Yukio Sakaguchi.
Danshoku Dino teased Kazusada Higuchi before their match, bragging that Yoshihiro Takayama is with him instead of Higuchi. Higuchi tried to convince him that he didn’t care but Takayama misunderstood and asked Higuchi why he wants his lips so much? Mizuki Watase also made it awkward by telling Higuchi they could be a couple too. When Dino & Takayama won the match Dino said that they are quickly becoming an established couple. Takayama said he is free to love anyone. He then told Higuchi he will not turn to a guy who can’t kiss in public.
Masahiro Takanashi used Mad Paulie’s collar to tie his feet together outside the ring, counting him out. When Paulie was freed by one of the trainees after the match he attacked him with Hammer Punches.
Soma Takao & Akito are both confident they will win the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles in Saitama because neither of them have been pinned since Takao joined Smile Squash.
After spending so long in dark matches, Nobuhiro Shimatani now wants to do whatever he can to stand out and gain the attention of everybody. His first attempt at this was joining in with Kazuki Hirata’s dancing entrance. He joined in with the dance again during the match until both he and Hirata were rolled over into a double pin by Makoto Oishi.