DDT “ROAD TO RYOGOKU 2017 ~DRAMATIC DREAM TEMPURAMANJU~”, 23/04/2017
Nagano City Arts Center
322 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Antonio Honda & Mike Bailey defeated KUDO & Saki Akai when Honda pinned Akai with the Diving Fist Drop (11:00).
2. Smile Squash Vs DNA!: HARASHIMA, Soma Takao & Yasu Urano defeated Kazusada Higuchi, Shunma Katsumata & Guanchulo when HARASHIMA pinned Guanchulo with the Somato (11:07).
3. Number One In DDT Most Popular Decision Battle!: Shigehiro Irie defeated Mizuki Watase with the Beast Bomber (15:03).
4. Yoshihiro Takayama & Keisuke Ishii defeated Yukio Sakaguchi & Masahiro Takanashi when Ishii pinned Takanashi with the High Angle Double Arm DDT (13:21).
5. DDT Nagano Sales Manager, Toru Owashi Local Triumph ~ T2Hide Vs World’s Cutest Hips: Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata defeated Danshoku Dino, Makoto Oishi & Royce Isaacs when Hirata pinned Oishi with the One Shot Miracle Cradle (13:20).
6. Takeshita & Akito Vs DAMNATION!: Daisuke Sasaki & Tetsuya Endo defeated Konosuke Takeshita & Akito when Endo pinned Takeshita with the Kasadora (15:30).
Once again Tetsuya Endo had Konosuke Takeshita’s number. This time he pinned the KO-D Openweight Champion with a flash Kasadora after spending the match attacking Takeshita’s left leg. Endo continued to insult Takeshita and belittle his title run until Daisuke Sasaki of all people told him to stop. Sasaki politely apologised to Takeshita for Endo’s rude behaviour. It was only a ruse and Sasaki then joined in with the insults and charged at the champion. Takeshita knocked Sasaki down with a Lariat and had a staredown with Endo afterwards.
The International Gay Factory went into the Nagano City Arts Center with the goal of transforming it into a gay museum. With Makoto Oishi on their side today they were also going by the team name World’s Cutest Hips. The biggest defence standing against them was Kazuki Hirata and the rest of T2Hide. Hirata demanded “Tokyo GO!” to be played but it never did so Sanshiro Takagi & Toru Owashi had to sing it a cappella again. Danshoku Dino and Royce Isaacs attacked them to stop the singing. Those four wrestlers would soon get stuck in the corner thanks to a Hell Gate gone wrong. Long story short Takagi & Owashi had their arms trapped by Isaac’s Miracle Ass. They were still able to sing though and Hirata used that to dance his way to victory over Oishi. Peace has been kept for the Arts Center thanks to Hirata!
A key discovery may have been made in the feud between Yukio Sakaguchi and Yoshihiro Takayama. Sakaguchi’s use of the Sleeper Hold seems to be effective against Takayama but he hasn’t been able to go all the way with it yet. Today Sakaguchi locked in the move but Keisuke Ishii broke it up. Ishii then turned his attention to Masahiro Takanashi and ended up pinning him. Sakaguchi said he is ready to strangle Takayama when their KO-D Tag Team Titles match finally takes place. Takayama isn’t scared. In fact he’s bored with his current situation.
Shigehiro Irie was given a gift certificate by the show’s sponsor for winning his match against Mizuki Watase. He declined a handshake from Watase after the match but it was so he could hug him instead.