DDT “DRAMATIC DREAMS! VOL. 5 ~MAY I KNOW THE RAIN~”, 27/05/2018
Osaka Edion Arena #2
625 Fans – No Vacancy
1. 4 Way Tag Match ~ NAMBARAMBU!: Akito & Shunma Katsumata defeated Keisuke Ishii & Kota Umeda, Mike Bailey & MAO and Mizuki Watase & Nobuhiro Shimatani when Akito pinned Shimatani with a Modified Facebuster (7:53).
2. Yuni’s Net 2: Danshoku Dieno, Takatimo Dragon & Hiratimo Dragon defeated Makoto Oishi, Saki Akai & Yuni by Disqualification when Yuni unmasked Hiratimo (5:24).
-. Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title: Yuni defeated Makoto Oishi (c) with a Cradle (5:32 pm).
*Yuni becomes the 1,312th champion.
3. Sumo! Sumo! Sumo! U-Genes!: Kazusada Higuchi & Kouki Iwasaki defeated Toru Owashi & Hoshitango when Higuchi pinned Hoshitango with the Doctor Bomb (7:21).
4. Craftsmen Special Tag Match: HUB & Masahiro Takanashi defeated Yasu Urano & MEN’S Teioh when Takanashi pinned Urano with the Takatonic (11:11).
5. Special Single Match ~Steel~: Dick Togo defeated Naomi Yoshimura with the Diving Senton (11:36).
6. Not Serious Mask Man World’s Biggest Battle ~ Special 3 Way Match: Kikutaro defeated Kuishinbo Kamen and Super Sasadango Machine when Kikutaro submitted Sasadango with a Half Crab (8:02).
7. DDT elder brothers Vs DAMNATION!: HARASHIMA, KUDO & Yukio Sakaguchi defeated Soma Takao, Tetsuya Endo & Mad Paulie (w/ Daisuke Sasaki) when HARASHIMA pinned Paulie with the Somato (12:43).
8. Special Single Match ~Sustainable~: Shigehiro Irie defeated Magnitude Kishiwada with the Beast Bomber (19:07).
9. Special Single Match ~Heart~: Konosuke Takeshita defeated Antonio Honda by Knockout with a Bionic Elbow (29:46).
-. Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title: Saki Akai defeated Yuni (c) by Pinfall (8:33 pm).
*Saki Akai becomes the 1,313rd champion.
-. Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title: Makoto Oishi defeated Saki Akai (c) by Pinfall (8:34 pm).
*Makoto Oishi becomes the 1,314th champion.
For almost 30 minutes both Konosuke Takeshita and Antonio Honda fought their hearts out in front of the Osaka crowd. The main event was a Happy Motels reunion with Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi and Yasu Urano accompanying Honda to the ring while Takeshita came out to the Happy Motels entrance theme. Honda acted sentimental when he did his “Gon, The Little Fox” spot, telling Takeshita and the others that if this becomes his last match he does not want it to end. Honda then poked Takeshita in the eyes and hit a Topé Suicida after Takeshita rolled out of the ring to recover. Honda threw many punches and Bionic Elbows to combat against Takeshita’s Lariats. When Takeshita countered a Sleeper Hold into a Blue Thunder Bomb 25 minutes in the match it was clear that both were tired. They narrowly avoided a double countout and continued hitting their big moves until the match devolved into duelling Bionic Elbows. The ended in another double knockdown with Yukinori Matsui beginning to count both of them out again. Takeshita made it to his feet in time but Honda couldn’t. That was enough for Matsui to end the match and declare Takeshita the winner by KO. After the match Takeshita talked about going to see his brother’s high school soccer game earlier in the day. It made him think about his own high school days and he realised he spent all of his time outside of school with wrestlers like Honda, Urano and Hiroshi. That time of his life was a happy won because he was wrestling in Happy Motels. There was only one thing about it he didn’t like and that was never getting the chance to wrestle a meaningful match with Honda. He got that today. Honda thanked Takeshita for the match and said he was glad to wrestle him for 30 minutes today.
Shigehiro Irie Vs Magnitude Kishiwada immediately started with a ringside brawl. Kishiwada attacked Irie with a chair, targeting Irie’s arms whenever he could. Kishiwada continued the heavy attacks by doing the Last Ride and the Diving Body Press plus more chairshots. Irie fought back with a Death Valley Bomb as well as Beast Bombers to counter Kishiwada’s Lariats. The Beast Bombers as well as the Cannonball Drop wore down Kishiwada until one more Beast Bomber kept him down for the three count. After the match Irie said he wanted to become a pro wrestler after watching figures like Kishiwada and Kengo Takai compete all over Osaka. Irie not only achieved his dream but he is also now the KO-D Openweight Champion. However, Irie is still not satisfied. There are still many things he must learn to become stronger and stronger. Irie asked Kishiwada to plese fight him again some day. Kishiwada told him they had a good match today and he shook his hand. He then told Irie to defend the KO-D Title many times so he can become Osaka’s strongest wrestler!
Kikutaro, Kuishinbo Kamen and Super Sasadango Machine all found ways to get Matsui involved in their match. Sasadango had Kamen pinned after a Diving Knee Drop but Kikutaro grabbed Sasadango’s leg and applied a Crab Hold to make him submit.
Naomi Yoshimura said he experienced a similar feeling from wrestling Dick Togo to the one he got when he wrestled Akebono.
The usual unmasking tricks by Hiratimo Dragon made Yuni cry when he was disqualified for it. Makoto Oishi tried to cheer him up but it was a trap! Yuni caught him in a Small Package and pinned him to win the Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title. Later at the end of the show Saki Akai encouraged Yuni to join her in the ring to say goodbye to the fans. That too was a trap for Akai to win the belt from Yuni. Oishi came back out, pinned Akai to take back the title and ran off. The show then closed with Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi singing to the audience.
Turns out Akito’s recovery time was a short one. He was back in action competing in the opener and even got the winning pinfall. He made fun of Shunma Katsumata for only signing up for the standard membership at Gold’s Gym instead of the Master membership. While Katsumata is preparing to go after the KO-D Tag Team Titles, Akito personally wants to challenge for the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles.
Matsui wanted to give out the opening announcements but Hisaya Imabayashi wouldn’t let him. Yuki Iino was ordered to hold Matsui back in the corner while Imabayashi finished the segment.