April 23, 2017
DDT “ROAD TO RYOGOKU 2017 ~DRAMATIC DREAM TEMPURAMANJU~”, 23/04/2017
Nagano City Arts Center
322 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Antonio Honda & Mike Bailey defeated KUDO & Saki Akai when Honda pinned Akai with the Diving Fist Drop (11:00).
2. Smile Squash Vs DNA!: HARASHIMA, Soma Takao & Yasu Urano defeated Kazusada Higuchi, Shunma Katsumata & Guanchulo when HARASHIMA pinned Guanchulo with the Somato (11:07).
3. Number One In DDT Most Popular Decision Battle!: Shigehiro Irie defeated Mizuki Watase with the Beast Bomber (15:03).
4. Yoshihiro Takayama & Keisuke Ishii defeated Yukio Sakaguchi & Masahiro Takanashi when Ishii pinned Takanashi with the High Angle Double Arm DDT (13:21).
5. DDT Nagano Sales Manager, Toru Owashi Local Triumph ~ T2Hide Vs World’s Cutest Hips: Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi & Kazuki Hirata defeated Danshoku Dino, Makoto Oishi & Royce Isaacs when Hirata pinned Oishi with the One Shot Miracle Cradle (13:20).
6. Takeshita & Akito Vs DAMNATION!: Daisuke Sasaki & Tetsuya Endo defeated Konosuke Takeshita & Akito when Endo pinned Takeshita with the Kasadora (15:30).
Once again Tetsuya Endo had Konosuke Takeshita’s number. This time he pinned the KO-D Openweight Champion with a flash Kasadora after spending the match attacking Takeshita’s left leg. Endo continued to insult Takeshita and belittle his title run until Daisuke Sasaki of all people told him to stop. Sasaki politely apologised to Takeshita for Endo’s rude behaviour. It was only a ruse and Sasaki then joined in with the insults and charged at the champion. Takeshita knocked Sasaki down with a Lariat and had a staredown with Endo afterwards.
The International Gay Factory went into the Nagano City Arts Center with the goal of transforming it into a gay museum. With Makoto Oishi on their side today they were also going by the team name World’s Cutest Hips. The biggest defence standing against them was Kazuki Hirata and the rest of T2Hide. Hirata demanded “Tokyo GO!” to be played but it never did so Sanshiro Takagi & Toru Owashi had to sing it a cappella again. Danshoku Dino and Royce Isaacs attacked them to stop the singing. Those four wrestlers would soon get stuck in the corner thanks to a Hell Gate gone wrong. Long story short Takagi & Owashi had their arms trapped by Isaac’s Miracle Ass. They were still able to sing though and Hirata used that to dance his way to victory over Oishi. Peace has been kept for the Arts Center thanks to Hirata!
A key discovery may have been made in the feud between Yukio Sakaguchi and Yoshihiro Takayama. Sakaguchi’s use of the Sleeper Hold seems to be effective against Takayama but he hasn’t been able to go all the way with it yet. Today Sakaguchi locked in the move but Keisuke Ishii broke it up. Ishii then turned his attention to Masahiro Takanashi and ended up pinning him. Sakaguchi said he is ready to strangle Takayama when their KO-D Tag Team Titles match finally takes place. Takayama isn’t scared. In fact he’s bored with his current situation.
Shigehiro Irie was given a gift certificate by the show’s sponsor for winning his match against Mizuki Watase. He declined a handshake from Watase after the match but it was so he could hug him instead.
April 22, 2017
DDT “ROAD TO RYOGOKU 2017 ~DRAMATIC DREAM TOGETSUKYO~”, 22/04/2017
Kyoto KBS Hall
366 Fans – No Vacancy
1. Soma Takao defeated Makoto Oishi with the Endless Waltz (9:45).
2. 3 Way Match: Keisuke Ishii defeated KUDO and Shunma Katsumata when Ishii pinned Katsumata with the High Angle Double Arm DDT (8:47).
3. Sanshiro Takagi & Kazuki Hirata defeated Shigehiro Irie & Mike Bailey when Hirata pinned Irie with the One Shot Miracle Cradle (11:30).
*Kazuki Hirata wins Shigehiro Irie’s Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere Contract.
4. Yoshihiro Takayama, Danshoku Dino & Royce Isaacs defeated Toru Owashi, Kazusada Higuchi & Antonio Honda when Takayama pinned Honda with an Armbar (15:10).
5. Saki Akai, The Second Local Triumph! Kyoto Specialty 6-Man Tag Match: Yukio Sakaguchi, Masahiro Takanashi & Saki Akai defeated HARASHIMA, Yasu Urano & Syoko Nakajima when Akai pinned Nakajima with the Rookie Award (14:13).
6. Takeshita & Akito Vs DAMNATION!: Daisuke Sasaki & Tetsuya Endo defeated Konosuke Takeshita & Akito when Endo pinned Takeshita with the Shooting Star Press (17:11).
Tetsuya Endo’s Shooting Star Press was at its most effective yet when he used the move to pin Konosuke Takeshita. Endo recently adopted the move as his new finisher and showed everyone that it is strong enough to beat the KO-D Openweight Champion. Endo called Takeshita a miserable champions and then said he will easily win the belt from him at Korakuen Hall next week.
Saki Akai got to enjoy her homecoming match with Shuten-dōji. When she won the match she told the audience she never thought she would return to Kyoto as a pro wrestler but she was very happy to win the match with her “older brothers”. The entire team then celebrated in the ring with some sake, the first glass of many for the rest of the night.
Danshoku Dino is putting together a new group called the International Gay Factory, or IGF for short. Royce Isaacs and his Miracle Ass is Dino’s first signing. Isaacs demonstrated his Miracle Ass by using it to split apart a pair of chopsticks before the match began. When they won their match Dino told everyone that the legend of Isaacs began today in Kyoto. It will help Dino accomplish his plans for IGF.
Kazuki Hirata surprised everyone by pinning Shigehiro Irie to win his Right To Challenge Contract. The result came when everyone in the match danced then Irie tried to interrupt it with the Beast Bomber. Hirata ducked the Bomber and rolled up Irie with the One Shot Miracle Cradle for the three count. When Hirata got over the shock of winning he realised that by holding this contract, he cannot be banished from Japan if T2Hide lose to NωA next week! Hirata promises not only to hold on to the contract but also win the KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles. Then he can move on to becoming a singles champion when he cashes in!
April 14, 2017
DDT “DAMNATION ILLEGAL GATHERING”, 14/04/2017
600 Fans – Super No Vacancy Full House
1. Falls Count Anywhere 6-Man Tag Team Match: HARASHIMA, Brahmin Shu & Brahmin Kei Vs Antonio Honda, Masahiro Takanashi & Gota Ihashi ended in a No Contest (10:38).
2. Heidi Katrina defeated Nobuhiro Shimatani with a Leg Drop (2:50).
3. 3 Way Match: Tetsuya Endo defeated Ryuichi Sekine and Yusuke Kodama when Endo pinned Sekine with the Shooting Star Press (14:16).
4. Daisuke Sekimoto & Masato Tanaka defeated Shuji Ishikawa & Mad Paulie when Tanaka pinned Paulie with the Sliding D (14:34).
5. DDT Extreme Title – Ultimate Submission Match: Daisuke Sasaki (c) (3) Vs Dick Togo (3) ended in a Draw (30:00).
5a. Dick Togo submitted Daisuke Sasaki with a Chickenwing Armlock (7:13).
5b. Dick Togo submitted Daisuke Sasaki with a Torso Strangle Sleeper Hold (8:56).
5c. Daisuke Sasaki submitted Dick Togo with a Figure Four Leg Lock (16:22).
5d. Daisuke Sasaki submitted Dick Togo with a Reverse Figure Four Leg Lock (18:23).
5e. Daisuke Sasaki submitted Dick Togo with the Cross Arm Cross Facelock (23:18).
5f. Dick Togo submitted Daisuke Sasaki with the Cross Facelock (25:23).
*V1 for Daisuke Sasaki.
DAMNATION finally put together the self produced show they were given for winning the Unit category in last year’s DDT Dramatic General Election. In the main event Daisuke Sasaki put his DDT Extreme Title on the line against his mentor and enemy Dick Togo in a 30 minute Ultimate Submission match. From the early going both Sasaki and Togo fought to put each other in the Cross Facelock. Togo switched focus to Sasaki’s left arm and scored the first submission with a Chickenwing Armlock. Togo then went two up with a Sleeper Hold. Sasaki had to target Togo’s legs in order to score some points. He tapped out Togo with a Figure Four Leg Lock then tied the score with a reverse version of the move. Sasaki finally locked in a modified Cross Facelock to take the lead. It didn’t take long for Togo to equalise with his own Cross Facelock to make the score 3-3. In the final minutes the two continued to fight over Cross Facelocks until the time expired. The match was declared a draw and therefore counts as a successful title defence for Sasaki.
Sasaki was surprised that the match ended in a draw but he felt too tired to do anything. He brought up Togo retiring from wrestling back in 2012 and compared it to the ancient Mayan prediction that the world was going to end that year. Sasaki said since then he’d been drinking once every three days and he’d drink enough to forget it two days later. All because Togo retired without Sasaki’s permission! Togo accepted that it was his fault that Sasaki’s life went down this strange route. He retired and then came back all without telling Sasaki. But all wrestlers retire then come back, that’s nothing for Togo to be embarrassed about. He will continue to fight until his body won’t let him anymore. He said Sasaki has grown stronger over the last four years and today he could not defeat him. It was a draw but he didn’t win which to him is no better than losing. They are both evolving so next time he will be a high wall for Sasaki to climb over. The two hugged and finally put their grudge behind them. Sasaki felt a little embarrassed because there wasn’t mean to be any reconciliation on this show but he’s happy to be back on the right foot with Togo. He then told Togo not to retire again until after he beats him.
An injured Kohei Sato was replaced by Masato Tanaka in the semi-main event. Together with Daisuke Sekimoto they were able to beat Shuji Ishikawa & Mad Paulie. Sekimoto afterwards said he was happy to be here and wished DAMNATION well. He then asked the reporter if he should be acting so friendly to them because he is a face and DAMNATION are heels.
Tetsuya Endo got to take part in some lighthearted 3 Way antics with Ryuichi Sekine and Yusuke Kodama. Endo and Sekine paired up to outnumber Kodama. Sekine even talked Endo into doing some of his sillier spots like imitating a bull for a Shoulder Charge in the corner. Endo then betrayed Sekine by pulling Kodama out of the way when Sekine went for a Topé Suicida. Endo fought for himself from then on and won with the Shooting Star Press on Sekine.
Nobuhiro Shimatani went into the show not knowing who his opponent would be. Everyone figured it was going to be one of the DAMNATION members but each of them denied it would be them at the start of the show. Sasaki briefly went in search for an opponent and eventually asked if anyone in the audience wanted to take part. A foreign women raised her hand and took off her jacket to show she was already wearing wrestling gear. She introduced herself as Heidi Katrina, a pro wrestler from London, England. Sasaki allowed her to fight . Katrina was bigger, stronger and tougher than Shimatani so she put him away with a Clothesline, an Oklahoma Stampede and a Leg Drop. Sasaki was impressed and he asked Katrina to spend hang out with him afterwards. In a backstage interview Katrina said she has been wrestling around the world for the last four years. She has come to Japan to fight Saki Akai! Katrina warns Akai that she’s been trained by British wrestling legends Robbie Brookside, Marty Jones and Johnny Saint. She wants to give Akai a taste of what women’s wrestling is like in the UK.
Even HARASHIMA couldn’t resist showing a darker side on this show. Then again having to team with the Brahman Brothers will bring that sort of behaviour out of anybody. At first he resisted joining in with their hijinks until green goo began to emerge from his mouth. The Brahmans soaked the audience with water and one of them threw a carry case at the referee with the help of Masahiro Takanashi so the match was called off. The Brahmans then lined seated their opponents in the corner, pressed the carry case in front of them and convinced HARASHIMA to throw a bowling ball at them. Strike! They left with a warning that this may not be the last time you will see HARASHIMA and the Brahman Brothers join forces.