So how about Konosuke Takeshita and Maki Itoh on AEW Dynamite last night? Not bad, eh? Takeshita faced Hangman Page in a non-title barnburner of a match while Itoh was the “Joker” entry in the Owen Hart Foundation Women’s Tournament fighting against a previous ally Britt Baker. Both lost their matches unfortunately but their positions on the show was a great sign of the relationship between DDT/TJPW and AEW.
DDT “AUDIENCE 2022”, 22/05/2022
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
1. Naomi Yoshimura Vs Yuki Ishida
2. Yuki “Sexy” Iino, Danshoku “Dandy” Dieno & Akito Vs HARASHIMA, Toru Owashi & Antonio Honda
3. Special Single Match: Yuki Ueno Vs Kazuki Hirata
4. Super Hardcore Girls Vs Prominence Full-Scale Battle ~ Special Hardcore Match: Carousel❤️Shun & Elizabeth❤️Toy Vs Suzu Suzuki & Akane Fujita
5. Tetsuya Endo, Jun Akiyama, Yusuke Okada & Yuya Koroku Vs Yuji Hino, Yukio Naya, Ilusion & El Unicorn
6. KO-D Tag Team Titles: Chris Brookes & Masahiro Takanashi (c) Vs MAO & Asuka
7. KO-D 6-Man Tag Team Titles Tournament – Final: Daisuke Sasaki, MJ Paul & KANON Vs Kazusada Higuchi, Yukio Sakaguchi & Hideki Okatani
A press conference was held today featuring CDK, MAO and Asuka to promote both of their upcoming title matches. First up is the KO-D Tag Team Titles match involving all four wrestlers. Asuka thinks she and MAO have a deeper bond together than CDK does. She thinks their high flying skills will fuse together and she is looking forward to becoming the first female KO-D Tag Champion. MAO describes his team with Asuka is a challenging adventure and he wants to help her achieve her goal because as a former tag champion he has a special attachment for those belts.
Masahiro Takanashi appreciates the gesture because he once teamed with Emi Sakura for a KO-D Tag Title match. However he thinks the title are still better off belonging to CDK. Chris Brookes had just watched Takeshita on AEW so he is currently feeling emotional. This show might be the first DDT show AEW fans will watch so Brookes feels the pressure. However he is confident the other three wrestlers will show these fans how great DDT is.
BASARA “BASARA 191 ~GLITTER~”, 25/05/2022
Shin-Kiba 1st RING
1. SAGAT VS Takato Nakano
2. Tsutomu Oosugi, Banana Senga & Gouma Vs Fuminori Abe, Lil’ Kraken & Yasu Urano
3. Isami Kodaka & Daiki Shimomura Vs FUMA & Daichi Kazato
4. CCW Canadian Heavyweight Title: Takumi Tsukamoto (c) Vs Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi
5. Union MAX Title: Ryota Nakatsu (c) Vs Masato Kamino
A big run has been happening for Masato Kamino lately. He defeated Isami Kodaka last month and was the sole survivor of the 6-Man Tag Elimination match on the last show. He is the latest challenger to step up to Ryota Nakatsu’s impressive Union MAX Title reign.
The obscure CCW Canadian Heavyweight Title is being defended again. Takumi Tsukamoto was just about the better man against Trans-Am ★ Hiroshi in the Elimination tag match but now Hiroshi has a score to settle with him over it.
TOKYO JOSHI PRO “TJPW SPRING TOUR ’22”, 29/05/2022
Tokyo Otemachi Mitsui Hall
1. 3 Way Match: Hyper Misao Vs Nao Kakuta & Mahiro Kiryu
2. Hikari Noa & Kaya Toribami Vs Raku & Pom Harajuku
3. Yuki Aino Vs “The Unbreakable” Rhio
4. 5 Vs 5 Singles Match: Red Corner X Vs Blue Corner X
5. 5 Vs 5 Singles Match: Red Corner X Vs Blue Corner X
6. 5 Vs 5 Singles Match: Red Corner X Vs Blue Corner X
7. 5 Vs 5 Singles Match: Red Corner X Vs Blue Corner X
8. 5 Vs 5 Singles Match: Red Corner X Vs Blue Corner X
Red Corner: Shoko Nakajima, Rika Tatsumi, Mizuki, Yuki Kamifuku & Miu Watanabe
Blue Corner: Yuki Arai, Suzume, Moka Miyamoto, Arisu Endo & Haruna Neko
The senpai squad are taking on the 1998 Class in a special series of singles matches. A lottery will be held soon to determine who faces who in the five matches. Each match will have a 10 minute time limit.
“The Unbreakable” Rhio makes her Tokyo Joshi Pro debut on this show against Yuki Aino. She will also be wrestling on the 4th June show. Rhio is from Lancashire, England and is coming over as part of the relationship between TJPW and Pro Wrestling: EVE. She is 25 years old, 163cm tall and weighs 70kg. The 25 year old has been wrestling for 7 years and also has a background in Karate and Taekwondo.
DDT “WHAT ARE YOU DOING 2022”, 01/06/2022
Tokyo Korakuen Hall
0. Dark Match: Yusuke Okada Vs Yuya Koroku
1. Iron Man Heavymetalweight Title – Battle Royal: Shinichiro Kawamatsu (c) (w/ Nobutatsu Suzuki) Vs Toru Owashi Vs Thanomusaku Toba Vs Antonio Honda Vs Kazuki Hirata Vs Gota Ihashi
2. Chris Brookes, Yukio Sakaguchi, Saki Akai & Hideki Okatani Vs Yuji Hino, Yukio Naya, Maya Yukihi & Asuka
3. DAMNATION T.A Vs The 37KAMIINA!: Daisuke Sasaki, MJ Paul & KANON Vs Yuki Ueno, Shunma Katsumata & Toi Kojima
4. Road To CyberFight Festival 2022! Special 6-Man Tag Match: Danshoku “Dandy” Dieno, Yumehito “Fantastic” Imanari & Akito Vs Sanshiro Takagi, Shinya Aoki & Yuki Ishida
5. Special 6-Man Tag Match: Tetsuya Endo, Jun Akiyama & Kazusada Higuchi Vs HARASHIMA, Naomi Yoshimura & Soma Takao
6. DDT Extreme Title: Yuki “Sexy” Iino (c) Vs AKIRA
7. DDT Universal Title: MAO (c) Vs Masahiro Takanashi
The press conference continued with MAO and Takanashi talking about the DDT Universal Title match. This will be Takanashi’s first singles championship match since the Union MAX Title defence in February 2020 when he got injured. Since coming back he wrestled the new generation of DDT wrestlers. He wants to win the Universal Title so he can defend it against those same wrestlers as well as the younger members of the BASARA roster. He also mentioned Kazusada Higuchi and Kota Umeda as potential opponents. There is also one more wrestler he would really want to defend the Universal Title against but he won’t say who it is.
MAO’s history of matches against Takanashi were mostly in NωA Vs Shuten-dōji 6-Man Tags. The fact that he and Takanashi are about to headline Korakuen Hall is like a tribute for wrestlers like KUDO and Makoto Oishi. MAO has his own dream opponent for a title defence. He definitely wants to defend the Universal Title against Mike Bailey!